9 months. It has been 9 months since I have graduated from college. Recently, I got an email from my university asking me to take a survey giving them my feedback on my experience. To be honest, I had so much going through my mind about my experience I didn’t even know where to begin.
Were there good times? Yes, but there were also hard times.
For example, I loved the sorority formals but hated being stressed out over exams which is probably something that many people in college would relate to.
Much of my experience is another story for another post. This post is about what these past 9 months consisted of and what I plan to do now.
So, after I finished working at the summer camp I worked at during the summer, I came home and started applying for jobs. Pretty much all of them were writing jobs for newspapers and such. Nothing. I don’t know if it’s because I was not going about the application process correctly or if I didn’t have the right amount of experience, but all I kept getting were emails that basically said I did not get the job.
After that, I decided to apply for what I had actually done a few summers ago, which is an online writing fellowship. This required me to write several articles each week on different topics. Not all of them got published but it gave me a good amount of experience in writing consistently. Then something weird happened.
God sort of gave me the realization that I do not want to pursue writing anymore as a career. Who knows maybe that is why he didn’t allow me to get any jobs in that field. I feel that I need to work directly in politics instead of writing about what is going on right now. This is why I applied to be a part of a program that trains people to work on the presidential campaign for the Democratic nominee this summer. I won’t know if I get into the program for a few weeks but until then I am going to be applying for other opportunities in Washington D.C., New York City, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Is the suspense killing me not knowing if I got into the program? Yes.
Do I wish I knew exactly what was going to happen in the near future? Of course, but that is not how God works. I have to trust that everything will be ok and that he has an incredible plan for me.
So, I am going, to be honest, and say that I really am not sure about what to say right now. I thought about writing a typical post about being back to blogging and how I am going to post more but that just didn’t feel right.
This is going to be me just saying what is on my mind.
So, I realized that I want this blog to be about more than just fashion and products I like. Not that I won’t still post about that sort of thing but there are other things I want to post about as well. Some of these things include mental health, positivity, my life, and much more.
Because there is so much more to me than just my style. I feel like I have been holding back but now I am ready to post about literally everything.
I used to feel like I had to put my platforms into a specific category but now I feel like I can just post whatever I want.
I hope you all will enjoy the new content. It will be different from what I have posted before but I am very excited about it.
So, get excited about the new content that is coming. Y’all can also post suggestions about what you all want to see from me.
Y’all I seriously could not be happier that this past semester is over! Now, I can enjoy my family and our cozy home for winter break! While I am going to be busy with my online class, blogging, and such, I will definitely be enjoying some cheesy Christmas movies and Gingerbread lattes during this time off.
Being on break means that I will basically be living in this sweater. I’m actually wearing it right now as I am typing this post. It is so comfy! Plus it is from Kohls so of course it is super affordable!
The top and jeans are actually from Fashion Nova. As sexy as that site may seem it is actually a great place to go to for affordable wardrobe staples.
These cowgirl boots were literally bought on a whim but I love wearing them. They add a bit of sass to any outfit.
Necklace( sold out but similar)/Shirt/Sweater/Jeans/Boots
So needless to say this is going to be my go-to outfit for winter break. It is so cozy. I can wear it around the house, when I am running errands, or at a party with friends.
Now that Thanksgiving is over Christmas season is here. This means that everyone and their grandmother is looking for the perfect present for that special someone. I used to be hesitant to do gift guides because I wasn’t sure if my ideas would be good but I feel like since my gift ideas are a bit more on the affordable side I could help you all out in that department. This one is geared towards people who are in my age group. So, if you are a mom or dad who is unsure of what to get your daughter who is in college, I got you covered! Plus all of these items are under 100 dollars!
- Headbands – College girls are in enough of a hurry already so the last thing we want to do is take the time to make our hair look nice when we are already running late for class. A headband like this is super cute and is a great distraction from our frizzy dry shampoo filled hair!
- A Keurig – I love being able to use my Keurig every morning to make a delicious cup of coffee to start my day off with. By replacing their Starbucks habit with a homemade cup of coffee, your favorite student can save quite a bit of money. Also make sure to use a reusable k-cup to help reduce your waste!
- A Magic Bullet – This blender only costs 34 dollars and can be used for so many things! We all want to avoid the freshman 15( and the sophomore slump, and so on…) so this is a great way to help a student you know or yourself maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have used mine to make everything from smoothies and sauces to grinding up oats to make my own flour!
- Phone Wallet – This wallet makes meal swipes in the dining hall so much easier. Instead of having to take off my backpack, find my wallet, and then pull out my card, I can just take it out of my phone wallet and I am good to go!
- Comfortable Wedges by OTBT – Every girl wants a pair of shoes that are nice enough to wear when going out but also comfortable enough to walk long distances in. These shoes fit into both of those categories and are so cute!
Finding the right gift for my dad has always been tricky. Shopping for guys is very out of my element and many of the nice gifts are way out of my price range. So, I usually just get him cologne per usual, and by cologne, I mean the body spray version that costs way less. With these gifts, I decided to go back to the basics and search for things that the men in your life would actually use. Plus, all of these gifts are under 100 dollars!
- A Safety Razor – Not only are razors like these great for the environment but they are also very classy. Shave the old-fashioned way with a stainless steel safety razor and reduce your carbon footprint by doing so.
- Cologne – If you want to be super basic like me get cologne that has a fresh scent like this one by Dolce and Gabbana! This one is on sale right now for 38 dollars!
- A Baseball Cap – Girls aren’t the only ones who have bad hair days or days when they just want to throw on a hat in a hurry. Smathers and Branson have collegiate and sports hats for pretty much every major league sports team and big SEC college team out there. Plus the quality of their products are amazing!
- A Key Fob – I love my Smathers and Branson key fob so much! The quality is amazing and the designs are incredible. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is tired of seeing my dad carry his dirty keys around on the same metal ring he has had for the last 20( or more) years.
- A Watch – This gift idea is very classic and surprisingly fairly affordable. I always thought watches were expensive and some of them are but others not so much.
Y’all where has the time gone! The last time I wrote to you all I was getting ready to start my senior year of college and now it is Thanksgiving Eve! This semester has been so busy! With my sorority, honor fraternity, job, and trying to keep my grades up I have literally been here there and everywhere. Like many college students, I have also been well…tired. But hey, I’m almost there.
This is the first holiday season where I will be making my own vegan dishes which is both exciting and scary at the same time! I’m looking forward to seeing what veganism will be like when I put my own spin on some holiday classics.
While I am definitely not looking forward to working on the large amount of homework I have during the break, I am looking forward to catching up on blog posts and how girl-boss related things. Stay tuned.
As much as we hate to admit it, summer is officially over at this point. My friends and I are in the second week of the fall semester and the homework is coming in like there is no tomorrow. Thankfully InfluenceHer Collective and Her Campus have come together to put together the perfect kit to help us start our semester off right!
From incredible brands like Almay and High Sierra, these products are sure to help you start your semester off with a bang!
Let’s start off this adorable sleep mask. At the end of the day, I want nothing more than to be able to close my eyes and sleep after a long day of class and work. This sleep mask is super cute and perfect for blocking out the distractions so you can rest for another busy day!
This lotion by Bliss has such a simple but fresh scent! I love freshening myself up during the day by rubbing some nice smelling lotion on my hands. This lotion is probably my favorite product out of everything I got in this kit!
I get so hungry during classes so a snack like these bars is perfect for someone like me! They are also a great healthy alternative to what might otherwise be a very unhealthy snack.
In today’s makeup age, we are often very focused on matte lipsticks but I honestly miss the days when we would all wear sparkly lip glosses! These lip glosses by Almay look great on top of a liquid lipstick or by themselves!
This backpack is very different from the type that I would normally steer towards but too cute to resist wearing!
My biggest concern with backpacks is whether or not they will be able to hold all of my books and folders that I use for my classes in addition to my laptop and anything else I might need on any given day. This backpack has more than enough room for those things!
Links – Necklace(similar)/Shirt(similar)/Shorts/Sandals(sold out but similar)
To learn more about these products, be sure to check out my Instagram post that I recently posted with photos of all the products!