So, ever since I started blogging I have been spending even more time on my laptop than usual. When I write blogposts I can literally get into such a good headspace and just write for hours. Now, since my technical “work space” is just my messy bed that has laundry and mismatched socks all over it I have been thinking about what I would want my dream work space to look like if I could design it any way I wanted.
I knew that I wanted the look to have a very simple sophisticated feel to it. I didn’t have a specific color scheme in mind but now that the items are all picked out I feel like these light blue shades came together really nicely.
1. Blue Mosaic Teardrop Table Lamp
– Now, when I started thinking about what I wanted my dream work space I knew I wanted the space to look simple. I was hesitant to pick two items with patterns on them but I just couldn’t say no to this lamp. The pattern looks so majestic and unique. I seriously want this so bad it’s not even funny!
2. Altra Parsons Wooden Desk with Chevron Top
– This desk is so sleek and sophisticated! When it comes to clothes, I tend to have a thing for black and other dark colors.I also really like pastels like mint green. When it comes to home decor I tend to really have a thing for colors like white. I really like white because of how it can make any room look much bigger than the room really is.
3. Beats Solo2 Wireless On-Ear Headphones Gold
– Since I am on my laptop so much, I tend to listen to a lot of music and podcasts while I work on things like homework and blogposts. These headphones would be perfect for those late nights when I am listening to Drake and J.Cole on repeat to stay awake while cramming for an Algebra test.
4. Macbook with Speck “See Thru” Snap On Macbook Air Laptop Case
– Now, I know I have said that I need pretty much all of these items but this one I actually do need! I take my laptop everywhere with me and honestly I am far from careful with it. I have dropped my Macbook so many times it is not even funny. With this case, my mom might actually be able to stop having heart attacks every time I drop or almost drop my very dirty Macbook. It is very…loved, yeah let’s go with that.
5. Fallon Wool Rug in Slate
– I have always had a special place in my heart for chevron so when I saw this rug I felt as if it was just calling my name. It is very casual but also a great statement piece.
6. Harper Dining Chair
– I feel like this chair would make me feel like I am 10 times fancier than I actually am. It’s simplicity really helps balance everything out especially since the rug and lamp have patterns on them.
So, this is what I would want my dream work space to look like. This space probably wouldn’t be that big but I would still want it to be very cozy and feel like home.
Make sure to let me know what you would want your dream work space to look like in the comments below. Also, if you’re looking for a creative workspace outside of your home check out WeWork, the online publication that inspired me to write this post in the first place! They’ve got shared office space all over the world, enabling freelancers, startups and many more to work in a collaborative work environment!