Now that Thanksgiving is over Christmas season is here. This means that everyone and their grandmother is looking for the perfect present for that special someone. I used to be hesitant to do gift guides because I wasn’t sure if my ideas would be good but I feel like since my gift ideas are a bit more on the affordable side I could help you all out in that department. This one is geared towards people who are in my age group. So, if you are a mom or dad who is unsure of what to get your daughter who is in college, I got you covered! Plus all of these items are under 100 dollars!
- Headbands – College girls are in enough of a hurry already so the last thing we want to do is take the time to make our hair look nice when we are already running late for class. A headband like this is super cute and is a great distraction from our frizzy dry shampoo filled hair!
- A Keurig – I love being able to use my Keurig every morning to make a delicious cup of coffee to start my day off with. By replacing their Starbucks habit with a homemade cup of coffee, your favorite student can save quite a bit of money. Also make sure to use a reusable k-cup to help reduce your waste!
- A Magic Bullet – This blender only costs 34 dollars and can be used for so many things! We all want to avoid the freshman 15( and the sophomore slump, and so on…) so this is a great way to help a student you know or yourself maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have used mine to make everything from smoothies and sauces to grinding up oats to make my own flour!
- Phone Wallet – This wallet makes meal swipes in the dining hall so much easier. Instead of having to take off my backpack, find my wallet, and then pull out my card, I can just take it out of my phone wallet and I am good to go!
- Comfortable Wedges by OTBT – Every girl wants a pair of shoes that are nice enough to wear when going out but also comfortable enough to walk long distances in. These shoes fit into both of those categories and are so cute!
Ok, so I have a confession. As a whole, I am not that big a fan of Christmas movies. So many of them are just so cheesy and super cliche. Most of them are geared towards children anyway. I do have a handful of Christmas movies that I really enjoy watching. I either love these movies because of how classic they are or because I have really great memories connected to them.
- Eloise at Christmas Time – Ok, so I’m pretty sure Eloise is like literal childhood goals. She lives in the plaza, eats whatever she wants, and wears the cutest clothes! No matter how old I get I’ll probably always be jealous of her life, even if she is only 6. This movie is one I watch every year. It is super cute and the ending is perfect! As a feminist, I honestly think this movie is super pro-feminist because of how out spoken she is. I think that is definitely part of why I love this movie so much. Even when I was little, I loved just how confident and opinionated Eloise is!
- White Christmas – This movie is such a classic and perfect for anyone who loves musicals! The sister’s relationship is so hard not to envy! Plus the songs are super catchy!
- The Santa Clause – I’m pretty sure I’ll always have a special place in my heart for Tim Allen because of Toy Story. This movie is so cute and so funny! Plus the little boy who plays his son is adorable!
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas – I know in the beginning, I was pretty hard on kid’s movies but this one is an exception. My favorite story is the one where Donald Duck’s nephews wish it was Christmas everyday. As terrible as I am at impressions, I’ll forever be trying to perfect my Donald Duck impression.
- A Rugrats Chanukah – Technically this isn’t a “Christmas movie”, but for the sake of this blog post, I’m gonna make it count. I loved watching this with my sisters when I was little! My sister, Emily was a huge Rugrats fan so this special was one that we could not miss.
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies? Let me know in the comments below!