I don’t know about y’all but I love Tik Tok. Now, I know what you are thinking. Livi, you are 25 years old. Why are you watching a bunch of dancing videos with good looking teenagers?
That’s the thing it’s so much more than that. It’s politics, skits, jokes, people educating their viewers on social issues and much more! The content is so creative!
So, I thought I would do a series about my favorite Tik Tokers . The first part of this series will be about my favorite LGBT Tik Tokers.
Also, I will be doing a separate post for progressive and LGBT christian Tik Tokers but this post will just be about LGBT Tik Tokers.
- i_make_it_weird – Chris is a transgender Tik Toker who answers questions about his transition, family, and what it has been like to transition as an adult with a partner and kids. He’s super nice and very receptive to questions he gets.
- uhohgay – Spencer is a gay high schooler who makes really chill and sometimes funny videos about honestly just being himself. He also did a series on how to come out which can be really helpful for some people.
- garrettclayton – You may recognize Garrett from the Disney Channel Original movie, Teen Beach Movie. He was the main male character in the fictional movie, Wet Side Story in the main movie. His videos aren’t super educational like other LGBT Tik Tokers. They are honestly just fun to watch and a great escape from the every day tasks and such in life.
- desmondfambrini – Desmond is a gender fluid man of color who makes videos educating their followers on gender, sexuality, and lots of other things as well. They are also really positive and their videos will make anyone’s day.
- haleyfaulkner – Haley is a lesbian Tik Toker. She makes mostly skits about gay culture and such. She’s funny and also really pretty!
So, these are some of my favorites. If there is anyone you think I should know about feel free to drop their username in the comments!
Y’all! The new InfluenceHer Essentials Kit is here and the products are incredible!
The kit includes –
This adorable cup by hcxo.shop!
These Carefree pads!
This volumizing mascara and eyeliner by Kat Von D!
Books published by Kensington Publishing!
Cleansing Cloths by Summers Eve!
and a case by OtterBox!
Some of my favorite products are –
– Reusable cups are a great way to help reduce waste and help the environment. This adorable cup is great for when you are on the go and trying to reduce your carbon footprint!
– This mascara is both volumizing and cruelty-free! I saw a huge difference when using it!
– I had been needing a new case for a while and this case from OtterBox’s Symmetry collection is perfect! It is slim while also protecting my phone.
Hey gang! Happy January! So I know it is a little late for a new year’s resolutions post, but I really wanted to think about my goals for this year and what I want to achieve in 2018.
As I have gotten older, I have begun making more goals than typical “resolutions”. I find that this makes me much more productive and actually help me achieve my goals. I also try to keep them pretty realistic, so not to end up giving up by the beginning of February like a lot of people do.
So, without further ado here are my goals for 2018!
- Transition to a vegan diet. – I have actually been a vegetarian for two years. It started as just a bit of challenge to myself. Now, I honestly can’t see myself eating any other way. After watching several documentaries and YouTube videos by many vegan bloggers, I decided to try going vegan. The first time I went vegan it did not go well. The main reason was that I was taking a lot of things out of my diet without replacing them with good vegan alternatives. This time I am much more educated about veganism and how to make sure I am getting all the proper nutrients. While the transition was not easy at first, I honestly feel great! I’ve really enjoyed trying new foods and different vegan alternatives to foods like yogurt and cheese!
- Exercise at least once a week. – I know this is such a cliche resolution but this is something I seriously want to do for myself! I actually really enjoy walking and jogging, especially in the summer! This past summer I literally walked at least 2 miles every morning! I just loved listening to my playlists while taking in that warm summer weather! When I came to school I wanted to keep the momentum going but I also wanted to do really well in my classes. Unfortunately, my classes got the best of me. I think I literally went to the gym once that whole semester and I’m pretty sure it was during syllabus week. Now, that I have a much better handle on my studies and how the academic side of Coastal works, I hope to be able to exercise more. There is even a cycling class that goes during The Bachelor! It’s called Cycle Cinema! Hopefully all the drama will distract me from how sore my legs are!
- Spend more time with God. – I feel like for Christians this our basic cliche resolution we make every year. As cheesy as it sounds though, I really do want to connect with God more this year. He has shown me so much already recently, even without me sitting down with Him and His Word, I can’t imagine what else I will learn. I know it won’t be easy with my busy schedule but even if I just spend 5 minutes with God that will make so much of a difference!
- Have more fun. – This past semester I worked really hard! I wanted to bring my grades up so I could apply for internships this summer. I definitely am glad I put in so much work. Yet, one thing I really feel like I missed out on was the social aspect of college. I am in a sorority but I really pulled back on my involvement in it because of how much time and effort my classes required. I hope to be able to maintain my GPA and also enjoy myself!
- Make all A’s and B’s. – I was able to finish last semester with all As and Bs. As hard as it was I was so proud of myself! I know keeping this up won’t be easy but I know that I can do it!
So these are my goals for 2018. As hard as some of these will be the feeling of accomplishment after is honestly so worth it. I would love to read what your goals for 2018 are as well as any blog post requests you all have for me in the comments below!
Hi everyone! Happy New Year!I thought I would give you all a bit of an update on where I’ve been! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season spent with your family and friends! I know I certainly did! I had a very busy semester at Coastal so it was nice to be able to just kick my feet up and relax!
Adjusting to a new school is always hard, especially when the school is out of state and bigger than what you are used to. The classes were far from easy but I managed to finish with all As and Bs!
Socially I feel like I am still adapting but I have made some moves in the right direction. I joined a sorority, Tri Sigma. I got a big who honestly is the perfect fit for me. Our sorority is pretty big and to be honest there are still a lot of people I have yet to get to know but hopefully, I will be working on that in 2018. I have also found a great church very close to campus. I’m really glad I was able to find a good church where I can grow my faith away from home!
There aren’t that many people I feel super close to yet but I do feel like I have met some good people and am planning on trying out some new clubs and organizations so that should definitely help!
As I am reflecting on both this past semester and year I am realizing just how much happened! 2017 was a doozy! Some good and some bad but all in all I’m glad made the decisions I made and where they brought me!
I will be posting my goals for 2018 later this week but in the meantime I want you all to tell me what you hope to accomplish in the new year! Thank you all so much for bearing with me during this transitional period in my life! Now that I have the academic part of my life under control I do plan on posting more this year!
Cheers to another great year with you all in 2018!
Last weekend my family and I drove up to Rocky Mount, North Carolina to visit my aunt and uncle who live there. We were especially excited to visit this time because my grandma was staying with her. My grandma lives in Georgia but wanted to come stay with my aunt and uncle to get a change of scenery. I always love getting to spend time with her! She is an absolute gem!
Not only is this outfit absolutely adorable and so put together but also very versatile! I could wear this to work at a boutique or any job that takes place at some time of office or out to the state fair with some friends!
Shoes – Jack Rogers(cheaper but similar)
Where do I even begin with this blog post? First off, I must say that I seriously missed blogging so much. Every time I put together a cute outfit or tried out a new restaurant, I could think of nothing more than writing about it and sharing my experience with all of you. Last semester was definitely one of my most challenging semesters so far. only that, but I was also struggling with my anxiety and depression. It isn’t something I haven’t really talked about on this blog or my YouTube channels but it is a huge part of my life.
Near the end of the semester, I had decided to start taking medication for my anxiety. This decision was far from easy but I am honestly so happy with it and where I am now.
Fast forward to present day, I am in a much better place! Even though school is still very stressful at time in my life and my anxiety is still very real I am in a much better place now. I am seriously so happy right now!
Now that my mental health is in check and the semester from hell is over, I am ready to get back to blogging again! I am also going to be posting videos on my YouTube channels again as well as freelance writing for some amazing online publications! During this coming school year I plan on posting blogposts on here once a week(give and take depending on how much homework I get and whether or not my math teacher sucks) and every other week I will upload a YouTube video. As far as writing goes, I have some drafts I am working on right now that I am excited about but once those are done I am kind of just going to play it by ear.
Thanks so much to everyone who has been following me! The fact that you have taken even 2 seconds out of your day to read my blogposts means so much! You guys are what motivate me to do what I do!
This past weekend my family and I went to my grandma’s 90th birthday dinner. So many family members from both sides of the family came to the event. I really enjoyed eating the food and just getting to spend time with my extended family that I don’t get to see that often.
The food was amazing! My favorite dishes were definitely the pasta salad and macaroni and cheese. I feel like with mac and cheese it is very hit or miss but this one was definitely a hit. It was so good that I ended up getting 2 more servings!
For dessert, there was this amazing bread pudding. This bread pudding was literally like heaven in my mouth! I honestly don’t remember what the white sauce on top was called but it was so sweet!
Vest – Old Navy, Dress- H&M, Tights- Kohl’s (sold out but similar), Shoes – Old Navy ( sold out but similar )
I bought this new dress for the dinner from H&M. The pattern is so cute! I love how this dress can be dressed either up or down so easily. This outfit was very thrown together but worked perfectly for the occasion .
I had such a good time at the dinner! My family lives here, there, and everywhere, so it is very rare that we are all in the same room together. For 90, my grandma looks amazing. I hope I am able to live a life that is half as wonderful as hers.
2015 has definitely been the year of learning for me. It has had it’s ups and downs but I can honestly say that I am glad that I experienced it all because of how these experiences helped make me who I am today. Ted talks are another great way to learn a little more each and every day.
Ted talks are a bit sentimental to me. One of my favorite teachers used to have us do presentations based on our favorite Ted talks. At first it felt like a chore but I ended up really enjoying searching for one to present and found myself watching lots more long after the class ended! These Ted talks are the ones that I feel really had an impact on me this year, in 2015.
- Why I Live A Zero Waste Life – Lauren Singer
I actually just watched this talk recently. One of my favorite blogs, Refinery29 has a YouTube channel with a series called Try Living with Lucie. The series follows their video producer, Lucie Fink as she tries a different lifestyle change for 5 days each week. Their most recent video was 5 Days of Zero Trash. I was amazed by how much trash Lucie was able to avoid throw using. Lauren Singer is an eco friendly blogger who helped teach Lucie how to live a zero trash lifestyle. After watching the video I remembered seeing in my subscription box a while back with her in it, giving a Ted talk. I then watched her Ted talk and loved her message! While I highly doubt I’ll ever amount to having just a mason jar of trash after 3 years, Lauren has definitely inspired me to try to use less trash and be more eco friendly!
2.How Reading Affects Creativity and Critical Thinking – Hana Saleh
This talk is a bit on longer than the others but I really enjoyed listening to it.I love how she discussed her different ideas of how to help kids get more out of their classes and education. Growing up I enjoyed reading for pleasure but not so much for school. Hana conveys her message in such an intelligent way that is really interesting.
3. What Internet Trolls Taught Me – Hannah Witton
Hannah Witton is one of my favorite YouTubers ever, so when she told her audience in a video announcement that she had done a Ted talk I was overjoyed! This talk started out with Hannah telling us the story of how she started out on YouTube and transitioned into us learning about how she deals with sexist comments and misogyny on YouTube. Even though Hannah and I live very different lives I honestly found her talk to be so inspiring!
Do you like watching Ted talks? If so, let me know what some of your favorites are below!
Ok, so I have a confession. As a whole, I am not that big a fan of Christmas movies. So many of them are just so cheesy and super cliche. Most of them are geared towards children anyway. I do have a handful of Christmas movies that I really enjoy watching. I either love these movies because of how classic they are or because I have really great memories connected to them.
- Eloise at Christmas Time – Ok, so I’m pretty sure Eloise is like literal childhood goals. She lives in the plaza, eats whatever she wants, and wears the cutest clothes! No matter how old I get I’ll probably always be jealous of her life, even if she is only 6. This movie is one I watch every year. It is super cute and the ending is perfect! As a feminist, I honestly think this movie is super pro-feminist because of how out spoken she is. I think that is definitely part of why I love this movie so much. Even when I was little, I loved just how confident and opinionated Eloise is!
- White Christmas – This movie is such a classic and perfect for anyone who loves musicals! The sister’s relationship is so hard not to envy! Plus the songs are super catchy!
- The Santa Clause – I’m pretty sure I’ll always have a special place in my heart for Tim Allen because of Toy Story. This movie is so cute and so funny! Plus the little boy who plays his son is adorable!
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas – I know in the beginning, I was pretty hard on kid’s movies but this one is an exception. My favorite story is the one where Donald Duck’s nephews wish it was Christmas everyday. As terrible as I am at impressions, I’ll forever be trying to perfect my Donald Duck impression.
- A Rugrats Chanukah – Technically this isn’t a “Christmas movie”, but for the sake of this blog post, I’m gonna make it count. I loved watching this with my sisters when I was little! My sister, Emily was a huge Rugrats fan so this special was one that we could not miss.
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies? Let me know in the comments below!