Y’all! The new InfluenceHer Essentials Kit is here and the products are incredible!
The kit includes –
This adorable cup by hcxo.shop!
These Carefree pads!
This volumizing mascara and eyeliner by Kat Von D!
Books published by Kensington Publishing!
Cleansing Cloths by Summers Eve!
and a case by OtterBox!
Some of my favorite products are –
– Reusable cups are a great way to help reduce waste and help the environment. This adorable cup is great for when you are on the go and trying to reduce your carbon footprint!
– This mascara is both volumizing and cruelty-free! I saw a huge difference when using it!
– I had been needing a new case for a while and this case from OtterBox’s Symmetry collection is perfect! It is slim while also protecting my phone.
Hey gang! Happy January! So I know it is a little late for a new year’s resolutions post, but I really wanted to think about my goals for this year and what I want to achieve in 2018.
As I have gotten older, I have begun making more goals than typical “resolutions”. I find that this makes me much more productive and actually help me achieve my goals. I also try to keep them pretty realistic, so not to end up giving up by the beginning of February like a lot of people do.
So, without further ado here are my goals for 2018!
- Transition to a vegan diet. – I have actually been a vegetarian for two years. It started as just a bit of challenge to myself. Now, I honestly can’t see myself eating any other way. After watching several documentaries and YouTube videos by many vegan bloggers, I decided to try going vegan. The first time I went vegan it did not go well. The main reason was that I was taking a lot of things out of my diet without replacing them with good vegan alternatives. This time I am much more educated about veganism and how to make sure I am getting all the proper nutrients. While the transition was not easy at first, I honestly feel great! I’ve really enjoyed trying new foods and different vegan alternatives to foods like yogurt and cheese!
- Exercise at least once a week. – I know this is such a cliche resolution but this is something I seriously want to do for myself! I actually really enjoy walking and jogging, especially in the summer! This past summer I literally walked at least 2 miles every morning! I just loved listening to my playlists while taking in that warm summer weather! When I came to school I wanted to keep the momentum going but I also wanted to do really well in my classes. Unfortunately, my classes got the best of me. I think I literally went to the gym once that whole semester and I’m pretty sure it was during syllabus week. Now, that I have a much better handle on my studies and how the academic side of Coastal works, I hope to be able to exercise more. There is even a cycling class that goes during The Bachelor! It’s called Cycle Cinema! Hopefully all the drama will distract me from how sore my legs are!
- Spend more time with God. – I feel like for Christians this our basic cliche resolution we make every year. As cheesy as it sounds though, I really do want to connect with God more this year. He has shown me so much already recently, even without me sitting down with Him and His Word, I can’t imagine what else I will learn. I know it won’t be easy with my busy schedule but even if I just spend 5 minutes with God that will make so much of a difference!
- Have more fun. – This past semester I worked really hard! I wanted to bring my grades up so I could apply for internships this summer. I definitely am glad I put in so much work. Yet, one thing I really feel like I missed out on was the social aspect of college. I am in a sorority but I really pulled back on my involvement in it because of how much time and effort my classes required. I hope to be able to maintain my GPA and also enjoy myself!
- Make all A’s and B’s. – I was able to finish last semester with all As and Bs. As hard as it was I was so proud of myself! I know keeping this up won’t be easy but I know that I can do it!
So these are my goals for 2018. As hard as some of these will be the feeling of accomplishment after is honestly so worth it. I would love to read what your goals for 2018 are as well as any blog post requests you all have for me in the comments below!
Hi everyone! Happy New Year!I thought I would give you all a bit of an update on where I’ve been! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season spent with your family and friends! I know I certainly did! I had a very busy semester at Coastal so it was nice to be able to just kick my feet up and relax!
Adjusting to a new school is always hard, especially when the school is out of state and bigger than what you are used to. The classes were far from easy but I managed to finish with all As and Bs!
Socially I feel like I am still adapting but I have made some moves in the right direction. I joined a sorority, Tri Sigma. I got a big who honestly is the perfect fit for me. Our sorority is pretty big and to be honest there are still a lot of people I have yet to get to know but hopefully, I will be working on that in 2018. I have also found a great church very close to campus. I’m really glad I was able to find a good church where I can grow my faith away from home!
There aren’t that many people I feel super close to yet but I do feel like I have met some good people and am planning on trying out some new clubs and organizations so that should definitely help!
As I am reflecting on both this past semester and year I am realizing just how much happened! 2017 was a doozy! Some good and some bad but all in all I’m glad made the decisions I made and where they brought me!
I will be posting my goals for 2018 later this week but in the meantime I want you all to tell me what you hope to accomplish in the new year! Thank you all so much for bearing with me during this transitional period in my life! Now that I have the academic part of my life under control I do plan on posting more this year!
Cheers to another great year with you all in 2018!
Last weekend my family and I drove up to Rocky Mount, North Carolina to visit my aunt and uncle who live there. We were especially excited to visit this time because my grandma was staying with her. My grandma lives in Georgia but wanted to come stay with my aunt and uncle to get a change of scenery. I always love getting to spend time with her! She is an absolute gem!
Not only is this outfit absolutely adorable and so put together but also very versatile! I could wear this to work at a boutique or any job that takes place at some time of office or out to the state fair with some friends!
Shoes – Jack Rogers(cheaper but similar)
Where do I even begin with this blog post? First off, I must say that I seriously missed blogging so much. Every time I put together a cute outfit or tried out a new restaurant, I could think of nothing more than writing about it and sharing my experience with all of you. Last semester was definitely one of my most challenging semesters so far. only that, but I was also struggling with my anxiety and depression. It isn’t something I haven’t really talked about on this blog or my YouTube channels but it is a huge part of my life.
Near the end of the semester, I had decided to start taking medication for my anxiety. This decision was far from easy but I am honestly so happy with it and where I am now.
Fast forward to present day, I am in a much better place! Even though school is still very stressful at time in my life and my anxiety is still very real I am in a much better place now. I am seriously so happy right now!
Now that my mental health is in check and the semester from hell is over, I am ready to get back to blogging again! I am also going to be posting videos on my YouTube channels again as well as freelance writing for some amazing online publications! During this coming school year I plan on posting blogposts on here once a week(give and take depending on how much homework I get and whether or not my math teacher sucks) and every other week I will upload a YouTube video. As far as writing goes, I have some drafts I am working on right now that I am excited about but once those are done I am kind of just going to play it by ear.
Thanks so much to everyone who has been following me! The fact that you have taken even 2 seconds out of your day to read my blogposts means so much! You guys are what motivate me to do what I do!
This past weekend my family and I went to my grandma’s 90th birthday dinner. So many family members from both sides of the family came to the event. I really enjoyed eating the food and just getting to spend time with my extended family that I don’t get to see that often.
The food was amazing! My favorite dishes were definitely the pasta salad and macaroni and cheese. I feel like with mac and cheese it is very hit or miss but this one was definitely a hit. It was so good that I ended up getting 2 more servings!
For dessert, there was this amazing bread pudding. This bread pudding was literally like heaven in my mouth! I honestly don’t remember what the white sauce on top was called but it was so sweet!
Vest – Old Navy, Dress- H&M, Tights- Kohl’s (sold out but similar), Shoes – Old Navy ( sold out but similar )
I bought this new dress for the dinner from H&M. The pattern is so cute! I love how this dress can be dressed either up or down so easily. This outfit was very thrown together but worked perfectly for the occasion .
I had such a good time at the dinner! My family lives here, there, and everywhere, so it is very rare that we are all in the same room together. For 90, my grandma looks amazing. I hope I am able to live a life that is half as wonderful as hers.