Y’all I seriously could not be happier that this past semester is over! Now, I can enjoy my family and our cozy home for winter break! While I am going to be busy with my online class, blogging, and such, I will definitely be enjoying some cheesy Christmas movies and Gingerbread lattes during this time off.
Being on break means that I will basically be living in this sweater. I’m actually wearing it right now as I am typing this post. It is so comfy! Plus it is from Kohls so of course it is super affordable!
The top and jeans are actually from Fashion Nova. As sexy as that site may seem it is actually a great place to go to for affordable wardrobe staples.
These cowgirl boots were literally bought on a whim but I love wearing them. They add a bit of sass to any outfit.
Necklace( sold out but similar)/Shirt/Sweater/Jeans/Boots
So needless to say this is going to be my go-to outfit for winter break. It is so cozy. I can wear it around the house, when I am running errands, or at a party with friends.
Now that Thanksgiving is over Christmas season is here. This means that everyone and their grandmother is looking for the perfect present for that special someone. I used to be hesitant to do gift guides because I wasn’t sure if my ideas would be good but I feel like since my gift ideas are a bit more on the affordable side I could help you all out in that department. This one is geared towards people who are in my age group. So, if you are a mom or dad who is unsure of what to get your daughter who is in college, I got you covered! Plus all of these items are under 100 dollars!
- Headbands – College girls are in enough of a hurry already so the last thing we want to do is take the time to make our hair look nice when we are already running late for class. A headband like this is super cute and is a great distraction from our frizzy dry shampoo filled hair!
- A Keurig – I love being able to use my Keurig every morning to make a delicious cup of coffee to start my day off with. By replacing their Starbucks habit with a homemade cup of coffee, your favorite student can save quite a bit of money. Also make sure to use a reusable k-cup to help reduce your waste!
- A Magic Bullet – This blender only costs 34 dollars and can be used for so many things! We all want to avoid the freshman 15( and the sophomore slump, and so on…) so this is a great way to help a student you know or yourself maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have used mine to make everything from smoothies and sauces to grinding up oats to make my own flour!
- Phone Wallet – This wallet makes meal swipes in the dining hall so much easier. Instead of having to take off my backpack, find my wallet, and then pull out my card, I can just take it out of my phone wallet and I am good to go!
- Comfortable Wedges by OTBT – Every girl wants a pair of shoes that are nice enough to wear when going out but also comfortable enough to walk long distances in. These shoes fit into both of those categories and are so cute!
Finding the right gift for my dad has always been tricky. Shopping for guys is very out of my element and many of the nice gifts are way out of my price range. So, I usually just get him cologne per usual, and by cologne, I mean the body spray version that costs way less. With these gifts, I decided to go back to the basics and search for things that the men in your life would actually use. Plus, all of these gifts are under 100 dollars!
- A Safety Razor – Not only are razors like these great for the environment but they are also very classy. Shave the old-fashioned way with a stainless steel safety razor and reduce your carbon footprint by doing so.
- Cologne – If you want to be super basic like me get cologne that has a fresh scent like this one by Dolce and Gabbana! This one is on sale right now for 38 dollars!
- A Baseball Cap – Girls aren’t the only ones who have bad hair days or days when they just want to throw on a hat in a hurry. Smathers and Branson have collegiate and sports hats for pretty much every major league sports team and big SEC college team out there. Plus the quality of their products are amazing!
- A Key Fob – I love my Smathers and Branson key fob so much! The quality is amazing and the designs are incredible. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is tired of seeing my dad carry his dirty keys around on the same metal ring he has had for the last 20( or more) years.
- A Watch – This gift idea is very classic and surprisingly fairly affordable. I always thought watches were expensive and some of them are but others not so much.
Y’all where has the time gone! The last time I wrote to you all I was getting ready to start my senior year of college and now it is Thanksgiving Eve! This semester has been so busy! With my sorority, honor fraternity, job, and trying to keep my grades up I have literally been here there and everywhere. Like many college students, I have also been well…tired. But hey, I’m almost there.
This is the first holiday season where I will be making my own vegan dishes which is both exciting and scary at the same time! I’m looking forward to seeing what veganism will be like when I put my own spin on some holiday classics.
While I am definitely not looking forward to working on the large amount of homework I have during the break, I am looking forward to catching up on blog posts and how girl-boss related things. Stay tuned.
As much as we hate to admit it, summer is officially over at this point. My friends and I are in the second week of the fall semester and the homework is coming in like there is no tomorrow. Thankfully InfluenceHer Collective and Her Campus have come together to put together the perfect kit to help us start our semester off right!
From incredible brands like Almay and High Sierra, these products are sure to help you start your semester off with a bang!
Let’s start off this adorable sleep mask. At the end of the day, I want nothing more than to be able to close my eyes and sleep after a long day of class and work. This sleep mask is super cute and perfect for blocking out the distractions so you can rest for another busy day!
This lotion by Bliss has such a simple but fresh scent! I love freshening myself up during the day by rubbing some nice smelling lotion on my hands. This lotion is probably my favorite product out of everything I got in this kit!
I get so hungry during classes so a snack like these bars is perfect for someone like me! They are also a great healthy alternative to what might otherwise be a very unhealthy snack.
In today’s makeup age, we are often very focused on matte lipsticks but I honestly miss the days when we would all wear sparkly lip glosses! These lip glosses by Almay look great on top of a liquid lipstick or by themselves!
This backpack is very different from the type that I would normally steer towards but too cute to resist wearing!
My biggest concern with backpacks is whether or not they will be able to hold all of my books and folders that I use for my classes in addition to my laptop and anything else I might need on any given day. This backpack has more than enough room for those things!
Links – Necklace(similar)/Shirt(similar)/Shorts/Sandals(sold out but similar)
To learn more about these products, be sure to check out my Instagram post that I recently posted with photos of all the products!
Hi everyone! Happy New Year!I thought I would give you all a bit of an update on where I’ve been! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season spent with your family and friends! I know I certainly did! I had a very busy semester at Coastal so it was nice to be able to just kick my feet up and relax!
Adjusting to a new school is always hard, especially when the school is out of state and bigger than what you are used to. The classes were far from easy but I managed to finish with all As and Bs!
Socially I feel like I am still adapting but I have made some moves in the right direction. I joined a sorority, Tri Sigma. I got a big who honestly is the perfect fit for me. Our sorority is pretty big and to be honest there are still a lot of people I have yet to get to know but hopefully, I will be working on that in 2018. I have also found a great church very close to campus. I’m really glad I was able to find a good church where I can grow my faith away from home!
There aren’t that many people I feel super close to yet but I do feel like I have met some good people and am planning on trying out some new clubs and organizations so that should definitely help!
As I am reflecting on both this past semester and year I am realizing just how much happened! 2017 was a doozy! Some good and some bad but all in all I’m glad made the decisions I made and where they brought me!
I will be posting my goals for 2018 later this week but in the meantime I want you all to tell me what you hope to accomplish in the new year! Thank you all so much for bearing with me during this transitional period in my life! Now that I have the academic part of my life under control I do plan on posting more this year!
Cheers to another great year with you all in 2018!
As I am typing this blog post I am currently sitting in the Starbucks on the campus of Coastal Carolina University, where I am a new transfer student! I seriously am so excited to start this new journey of mine!
Now, before I get into the present and the specifics of what I have been up to as of now, let’s take a step back to see how I got to where I am now.
When I began my college search, I never thought I would end up at a beautiful beach school in South Carolina! I always knew about Coastal because my family had vacationed near here, in Pawleys Island for years and was always curious about what the school was like. As soon as I stepped onto the campus, I knew this was the place for me! The vibe is relaxed but with great professors!
Hopefully, this will be a good explanation for why I haven’t been posting recently. If you all have any suggestions about college-related blog posts like specific factors that went into my college decision, how to be healthy in college, anything you all want to read!