On May 10,2019, I graduated from Coastal Carolina University with a Bachelor’s degree. To be honest, I am still surprised this happened. It was a long road getting here but I made it!
The day was incredible and honestly one I will never forget. After the ceremony, my family and I had dinner at the resort where I received and opened graduation gifts.
To answer the question that so many have asked, I honestly don’t know what is next after this but I am so excited to be home with my family. I have missed them so much.
For the near future, I will be attending HerConference in June and working as a camp counselor in July. Then I will probably continue to freelance write at home while applying for internships.
In the meantime, I will be relaxing at home and getting back to making plenty of content for you all!
So, I know I already did a gift guide for college girls but I feel like sorority girls fall under a completely different category. These are some items that I know that my sisters and I would definitely be happy to receive as sorority girls! If you are still looking for a gift for your favorite Greek or if you are in a sorority and need a gift for your big or little this little guide should be sure to help you out!
I am also a brand representative for Jenna Benna, the company that makes the products that are listed below. You can use my code, OBJENNABENNA for a discount if you choose to purchase any of these items.
- A comfy sweatshirt – Everyone needs to have a go-to sweatshirt. Whether they are studying in the library or taking a well-deserved nap, this letter sweatshirt will be able to keep your favorite Greek girl warm.
- Tote Bag with your Letters – Sometimes I just don’t want to carry my things in my backpack. A tote bag like this can hold so much stuff. So, if you are wanting to feel a little cute while you are studying in the library late at night maybe give your back a break with this bag.
- A lovely formal dress for chapter – Often times, in a sorority, members have to attend certain events where they need to dress business casual. This dress would be great for a formal chapter meeting and other types of professional events like job interviews and conferences.
- A water bottle with your letters on it – I have been really trying to change my lifestyle to help the environment and reduce my carbon foot print lately. One of these ways has been cutting out bottled water. An adorable stainless steel bottle like this can be refilled throughout the day and replace all of the plastic bottles you would otherwise be using. You can also add your Greek letters or monogram to it.
Mom is the one person that everyone wants to get the perfect gift for, even though she always says that she doesn’t want anything. These gifts are lowkey enough to keep her from worrying about your bank account and sincere enough to make her feel as special as she is to you every day. Plus, all of these gift ideas are under 50 dollars!
- Chocolate – You can’t go wrong with chocolate! I bought a box of chocolate for my mom and I know that she will love it!
- Shoes – Every woman needs a good pair of flats. These are cute and the reviews say that they are very comfortable. If your mom doesn’t already have a pair I highly recommend that you get some for her!
- A book – If my mom didn’t already have this book I would totally get it for her. A good memoir is a great gift, especially if your loved one needs some inspiration for their new year’s resolutions.
- Slippers – Our moms work so hard all year. So they definitely deserve a pair of comfy slippers to be able to relax in.
- A cute wine glass – I don’t even think this one needs much of an explanation. I mean look at what this glass says? I wish I had one that said Because Collegin ain’t easy.
Y’all I seriously could not be happier that this past semester is over! Now, I can enjoy my family and our cozy home for winter break! While I am going to be busy with my online class, blogging, and such, I will definitely be enjoying some cheesy Christmas movies and Gingerbread lattes during this time off.
Being on break means that I will basically be living in this sweater. I’m actually wearing it right now as I am typing this post. It is so comfy! Plus it is from Kohls so of course it is super affordable!
The top and jeans are actually from Fashion Nova. As sexy as that site may seem it is actually a great place to go to for affordable wardrobe staples.
These cowgirl boots were literally bought on a whim but I love wearing them. They add a bit of sass to any outfit.
Necklace( sold out but similar)/Shirt/Sweater/Jeans/Boots
So needless to say this is going to be my go-to outfit for winter break. It is so cozy. I can wear it around the house, when I am running errands, or at a party with friends.
Now that Thanksgiving is over Christmas season is here. This means that everyone and their grandmother is looking for the perfect present for that special someone. I used to be hesitant to do gift guides because I wasn’t sure if my ideas would be good but I feel like since my gift ideas are a bit more on the affordable side I could help you all out in that department. This one is geared towards people who are in my age group. So, if you are a mom or dad who is unsure of what to get your daughter who is in college, I got you covered! Plus all of these items are under 100 dollars!
- Headbands – College girls are in enough of a hurry already so the last thing we want to do is take the time to make our hair look nice when we are already running late for class. A headband like this is super cute and is a great distraction from our frizzy dry shampoo filled hair!
- A Keurig – I love being able to use my Keurig every morning to make a delicious cup of coffee to start my day off with. By replacing their Starbucks habit with a homemade cup of coffee, your favorite student can save quite a bit of money. Also make sure to use a reusable k-cup to help reduce your waste!
- A Magic Bullet – This blender only costs 34 dollars and can be used for so many things! We all want to avoid the freshman 15( and the sophomore slump, and so on…) so this is a great way to help a student you know or yourself maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have used mine to make everything from smoothies and sauces to grinding up oats to make my own flour!
- Phone Wallet – This wallet makes meal swipes in the dining hall so much easier. Instead of having to take off my backpack, find my wallet, and then pull out my card, I can just take it out of my phone wallet and I am good to go!
- Comfortable Wedges by OTBT – Every girl wants a pair of shoes that are nice enough to wear when going out but also comfortable enough to walk long distances in. These shoes fit into both of those categories and are so cute!
Finding the right gift for my dad has always been tricky. Shopping for guys is very out of my element and many of the nice gifts are way out of my price range. So, I usually just get him cologne per usual, and by cologne, I mean the body spray version that costs way less. With these gifts, I decided to go back to the basics and search for things that the men in your life would actually use. Plus, all of these gifts are under 100 dollars!
- A Safety Razor – Not only are razors like these great for the environment but they are also very classy. Shave the old-fashioned way with a stainless steel safety razor and reduce your carbon footprint by doing so.
- Cologne – If you want to be super basic like me get cologne that has a fresh scent like this one by Dolce and Gabbana! This one is on sale right now for 38 dollars!
- A Baseball Cap – Girls aren’t the only ones who have bad hair days or days when they just want to throw on a hat in a hurry. Smathers and Branson have collegiate and sports hats for pretty much every major league sports team and big SEC college team out there. Plus the quality of their products are amazing!
- A Key Fob – I love my Smathers and Branson key fob so much! The quality is amazing and the designs are incredible. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is tired of seeing my dad carry his dirty keys around on the same metal ring he has had for the last 20( or more) years.
- A Watch – This gift idea is very classic and surprisingly fairly affordable. I always thought watches were expensive and some of them are but others not so much.
Y’all where has the time gone! The last time I wrote to you all I was getting ready to start my senior year of college and now it is Thanksgiving Eve! This semester has been so busy! With my sorority, honor fraternity, job, and trying to keep my grades up I have literally been here there and everywhere. Like many college students, I have also been well…tired. But hey, I’m almost there.
This is the first holiday season where I will be making my own vegan dishes which is both exciting and scary at the same time! I’m looking forward to seeing what veganism will be like when I put my own spin on some holiday classics.
While I am definitely not looking forward to working on the large amount of homework I have during the break, I am looking forward to catching up on blog posts and how girl-boss related things. Stay tuned.