Hi, so before I start I know that I have not posted in a while. Things have been kinda crazy for me during the quarantine like they have been for a lot of people. Without going too much into detail this whole thing has just really shaken up my world.
One of the things that has been helping me pass the time during this whole thing is honestly a lot of shows on streaming services. I have always loved television but it has become a real escape for me at this time. So, I thought I would share with you all some of my favorites. Here are my top 5 shows to stream during this quarantine. Also this just includes things that were either released during the quarantine or added to a streaming service during the quarantine.
1.Avatar: The Last Airbender
Ok, so this is a classic that I literally grew up on. I remember watching the finale and watching in awe as Aang defeated the fire lord. Also, can we all agree that Zuko has the best character development of all time?
If you have not seen this I highly recommend it. It is on Netflix.
2. Little Fires Everywhere
This is one of the most unique stories I have ever seen. It starts out as a simple story about a girl and her mom who move to a new town but is so much more than that. It is kind of hard for me to describe it any more than I already have without spoiling it so if you have Hulu I definitely think you should watch it.
3. Outer Banks
This show was very popular for about a month on Netflix. I will be honest and say that it’s not exactly an Emmy award-winning show but the plot is interesting and the guys are super hot!
4. Working Moms
This show is really funny and has very interesting storylines for all of the main characters. It’s basically about Kate, a working mom and her friends who try to navigate life as well…working moms.
Let me know what shows you all like. Also if you watch Outer Banks are you a John B-girl or a JJ girl?
At HerConference I received a bag of goodies. These were from the brands that sponsored the conference.
These makeup products from MaryKay which are the Lash Love Mascara, Perfect Palette, and Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.
The palette got personalized at the conference with my name on it in fancy cursive.
I got some nail polish by the brand, XOXO, as well as some bracelets by Aid Through Trade, and a hairband by Beyond Broadway.
These vitamins by Queen V are great for urinary tract support and health maintenance.
This lip crayon by Honest Beauty is a beautiful color!
I love these water bottles by Bumble and Deutsch Bank!
I am not a huge gum person but I am interested in trying these out, as well as this new lash curler. I have needed a new lash curler for a long time!
I love this fanny pack and portable charger!
My favorite products have to be the water bottles and fanny pack by Seamless! I know I will get a ton of use out of them!
On June 22nd, I went to HerConference in New York City! The experience was incredible! I have wanted to go to this conference since high school and it did not disappoint!
This is a picture from the Working in Politics panel. We heard from a variety of great speakers, including one who used to work for President Obama!
I got a photo with one of the founders of HerCampus, Annie Wang.
I even met some of my blogger friends in person and got to hang out with them at a post-HerConference Party!
I had such a great experience at this conference and left feeling so empowered! I hope to be able to go again next year!
Y’all! The new InfluenceHer Essentials Kit is here and the products are incredible!
The kit includes –
This adorable cup by hcxo.shop!
These Carefree pads!
This volumizing mascara and eyeliner by Kat Von D!
Books published by Kensington Publishing!
Cleansing Cloths by Summers Eve!
and a case by OtterBox!
Some of my favorite products are –
– Reusable cups are a great way to help reduce waste and help the environment. This adorable cup is great for when you are on the go and trying to reduce your carbon footprint!
– This mascara is both volumizing and cruelty-free! I saw a huge difference when using it!
– I had been needing a new case for a while and this case from OtterBox’s Symmetry collection is perfect! It is slim while also protecting my phone.
I’m gonna be honest. This year’s sales have been a bit disappointing. I mean come on, 30 percent off if you spend 50? That is not a sale. Thankfully the stores I have listed below actually know how to do a sale and make sure you get a good deal this Memorial Day weekend. I have also listed a few of my favorite products from each store.
Links – 1, 2, 3, 4
- Ralph Lauren
- As expensive as Ralph Lauren can be they actually have really good sales. Right now, you can take an extra 30 percent off of sale items with the code, MEMDAY. You can get these beautiful pants for less than 30 dollars, and they retail for more than 100!
- ShopHopes has marked down their entire site by 40 percent! You can use the code, MEMORIAL40, to get this beautiful and trendy skirt for 22.20!
- JCrew has the entire site discounted by 40 percent and the sale section is marked down by an extra 50 percent! That is a sale! You can use the code, WEEKEND to get these adorable popovers, solid colored, or striped, for 40 percent off!
On May 10,2019, I graduated from Coastal Carolina University with a Bachelor’s degree. To be honest, I am still surprised this happened. It was a long road getting here but I made it!
The day was incredible and honestly one I will never forget. After the ceremony, my family and I had dinner at the resort where I received and opened graduation gifts.
To answer the question that so many have asked, I honestly don’t know what is next after this but I am so excited to be home with my family. I have missed them so much.
For the near future, I will be attending HerConference in June and working as a camp counselor in July. Then I will probably continue to freelance write at home while applying for internships.
In the meantime, I will be relaxing at home and getting back to making plenty of content for you all!
So, I know I already did a gift guide for college girls but I feel like sorority girls fall under a completely different category. These are some items that I know that my sisters and I would definitely be happy to receive as sorority girls! If you are still looking for a gift for your favorite Greek or if you are in a sorority and need a gift for your big or little this little guide should be sure to help you out!
I am also a brand representative for Jenna Benna, the company that makes the products that are listed below. You can use my code, OBJENNABENNA for a discount if you choose to purchase any of these items.
- A comfy sweatshirt – Everyone needs to have a go-to sweatshirt. Whether they are studying in the library or taking a well-deserved nap, this letter sweatshirt will be able to keep your favorite Greek girl warm.
- Tote Bag with your Letters – Sometimes I just don’t want to carry my things in my backpack. A tote bag like this can hold so much stuff. So, if you are wanting to feel a little cute while you are studying in the library late at night maybe give your back a break with this bag.
- A lovely formal dress for chapter – Often times, in a sorority, members have to attend certain events where they need to dress business casual. This dress would be great for a formal chapter meeting and other types of professional events like job interviews and conferences.
- A water bottle with your letters on it – I have been really trying to change my lifestyle to help the environment and reduce my carbon foot print lately. One of these ways has been cutting out bottled water. An adorable stainless steel bottle like this can be refilled throughout the day and replace all of the plastic bottles you would otherwise be using. You can also add your Greek letters or monogram to it.
Mom is the one person that everyone wants to get the perfect gift for, even though she always says that she doesn’t want anything. These gifts are lowkey enough to keep her from worrying about your bank account and sincere enough to make her feel as special as she is to you every day. Plus, all of these gift ideas are under 50 dollars!
- Chocolate – You can’t go wrong with chocolate! I bought a box of chocolate for my mom and I know that she will love it!
- Shoes – Every woman needs a good pair of flats. These are cute and the reviews say that they are very comfortable. If your mom doesn’t already have a pair I highly recommend that you get some for her!
- A book – If my mom didn’t already have this book I would totally get it for her. A good memoir is a great gift, especially if your loved one needs some inspiration for their new year’s resolutions.
- Slippers – Our moms work so hard all year. So they definitely deserve a pair of comfy slippers to be able to relax in.
- A cute wine glass – I don’t even think this one needs much of an explanation. I mean look at what this glass says? I wish I had one that said Because Collegin ain’t easy.
Y’all I seriously could not be happier that this past semester is over! Now, I can enjoy my family and our cozy home for winter break! While I am going to be busy with my online class, blogging, and such, I will definitely be enjoying some cheesy Christmas movies and Gingerbread lattes during this time off.
Being on break means that I will basically be living in this sweater. I’m actually wearing it right now as I am typing this post. It is so comfy! Plus it is from Kohls so of course it is super affordable!
The top and jeans are actually from Fashion Nova. As sexy as that site may seem it is actually a great place to go to for affordable wardrobe staples.
These cowgirl boots were literally bought on a whim but I love wearing them. They add a bit of sass to any outfit.
Necklace( sold out but similar)/Shirt/Sweater/Jeans/Boots
So needless to say this is going to be my go-to outfit for winter break. It is so cozy. I can wear it around the house, when I am running errands, or at a party with friends.
Now that Thanksgiving is over Christmas season is here. This means that everyone and their grandmother is looking for the perfect present for that special someone. I used to be hesitant to do gift guides because I wasn’t sure if my ideas would be good but I feel like since my gift ideas are a bit more on the affordable side I could help you all out in that department. This one is geared towards people who are in my age group. So, if you are a mom or dad who is unsure of what to get your daughter who is in college, I got you covered! Plus all of these items are under 100 dollars!
- Headbands – College girls are in enough of a hurry already so the last thing we want to do is take the time to make our hair look nice when we are already running late for class. A headband like this is super cute and is a great distraction from our frizzy dry shampoo filled hair!
- A Keurig – I love being able to use my Keurig every morning to make a delicious cup of coffee to start my day off with. By replacing their Starbucks habit with a homemade cup of coffee, your favorite student can save quite a bit of money. Also make sure to use a reusable k-cup to help reduce your waste!
- A Magic Bullet – This blender only costs 34 dollars and can be used for so many things! We all want to avoid the freshman 15( and the sophomore slump, and so on…) so this is a great way to help a student you know or yourself maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have used mine to make everything from smoothies and sauces to grinding up oats to make my own flour!
- Phone Wallet – This wallet makes meal swipes in the dining hall so much easier. Instead of having to take off my backpack, find my wallet, and then pull out my card, I can just take it out of my phone wallet and I am good to go!
- Comfortable Wedges by OTBT – Every girl wants a pair of shoes that are nice enough to wear when going out but also comfortable enough to walk long distances in. These shoes fit into both of those categories and are so cute!