9 months. It has been 9 months since I have graduated from college. Recently, I got an email from my university asking me to take a survey giving them my feedback on my experience. To be honest, I had so much going through my mind about my experience I didn’t even know where to begin.
Were there good times? Yes, but there were also hard times.
For example, I loved the sorority formals but hated being stressed out over exams which is probably something that many people in college would relate to.
Much of my experience is another story for another post. This post is about what these past 9 months consisted of and what I plan to do now.
So, after I finished working at the summer camp I worked at during the summer, I came home and started applying for jobs. Pretty much all of them were writing jobs for newspapers and such. Nothing. I don’t know if it’s because I was not going about the application process correctly or if I didn’t have the right amount of experience, but all I kept getting were emails that basically said I did not get the job.
After that, I decided to apply for what I had actually done a few summers ago, which is an online writing fellowship. This required me to write several articles each week on different topics. Not all of them got published but it gave me a good amount of experience in writing consistently. Then something weird happened.
God sort of gave me the realization that I do not want to pursue writing anymore as a career. Who knows maybe that is why he didn’t allow me to get any jobs in that field. I feel that I need to work directly in politics instead of writing about what is going on right now. This is why I applied to be a part of a program that trains people to work on the presidential campaign for the Democratic nominee this summer. I won’t know if I get into the program for a few weeks but until then I am going to be applying for other opportunities in Washington D.C., New York City, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Is the suspense killing me not knowing if I got into the program? Yes.
Do I wish I knew exactly what was going to happen in the near future? Of course, but that is not how God works. I have to trust that everything will be ok and that he has an incredible plan for me.
So, I am going, to be honest, and say that I really am not sure about what to say right now. I thought about writing a typical post about being back to blogging and how I am going to post more but that just didn’t feel right.
This is going to be me just saying what is on my mind.
So, I realized that I want this blog to be about more than just fashion and products I like. Not that I won’t still post about that sort of thing but there are other things I want to post about as well. Some of these things include mental health, positivity, my life, and much more.
Because there is so much more to me than just my style. I feel like I have been holding back but now I am ready to post about literally everything.
I used to feel like I had to put my platforms into a specific category but now I feel like I can just post whatever I want.
I hope you all will enjoy the new content. It will be different from what I have posted before but I am very excited about it.
So, get excited about the new content that is coming. Y’all can also post suggestions about what you all want to see from me.
Y’all! The new InfluenceHer Essentials Kit is amazing!
This season’s box has such a wide range of products. This box includes…
The Garnier SkinActive Soothing Facial Mist. It is so refreshing and smells so good!
The Complete Juice Plus Shake Bottle. This is great for shakes, smoothies, and water!
These shake mixes are whole food based and filled with protein!
This super cute bag with some very unique dental products from Steripod.
The bag included products like this toothbrush protector!
My favorite products would have to be the Garnier SkinActive Soothing Facial Mist and Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water. Both are so refreshing and great for the skin!
At HerConference I received a bag of goodies. These were from the brands that sponsored the conference.
These makeup products from MaryKay which are the Lash Love Mascara, Perfect Palette, and Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.
The palette got personalized at the conference with my name on it in fancy cursive.
I got some nail polish by the brand, XOXO, as well as some bracelets by Aid Through Trade, and a hairband by Beyond Broadway.
These vitamins by Queen V are great for urinary tract support and health maintenance.
This lip crayon by Honest Beauty is a beautiful color!
I love these water bottles by Bumble and Deutsch Bank!
I am not a huge gum person but I am interested in trying these out, as well as this new lash curler. I have needed a new lash curler for a long time!
I love this fanny pack and portable charger!
My favorite products have to be the water bottles and fanny pack by Seamless! I know I will get a ton of use out of them!
On June 22nd, I went to HerConference in New York City! The experience was incredible! I have wanted to go to this conference since high school and it did not disappoint!
This is a picture from the Working in Politics panel. We heard from a variety of great speakers, including one who used to work for President Obama!
I got a photo with one of the founders of HerCampus, Annie Wang.
I even met some of my blogger friends in person and got to hang out with them at a post-HerConference Party!
I had such a great experience at this conference and left feeling so empowered! I hope to be able to go again next year!
Y’all! The new InfluenceHer Essentials Kit is here and the products are incredible!
The kit includes –
This adorable cup by hcxo.shop!
These Carefree pads!
This volumizing mascara and eyeliner by Kat Von D!
Books published by Kensington Publishing!
Cleansing Cloths by Summers Eve!
and a case by OtterBox!
Some of my favorite products are –
– Reusable cups are a great way to help reduce waste and help the environment. This adorable cup is great for when you are on the go and trying to reduce your carbon footprint!
– This mascara is both volumizing and cruelty-free! I saw a huge difference when using it!
– I had been needing a new case for a while and this case from OtterBox’s Symmetry collection is perfect! It is slim while also protecting my phone.
I’m gonna be honest. This year’s sales have been a bit disappointing. I mean come on, 30 percent off if you spend 50? That is not a sale. Thankfully the stores I have listed below actually know how to do a sale and make sure you get a good deal this Memorial Day weekend. I have also listed a few of my favorite products from each store.
Links – 1, 2, 3, 4
- Ralph Lauren
- As expensive as Ralph Lauren can be they actually have really good sales. Right now, you can take an extra 30 percent off of sale items with the code, MEMDAY. You can get these beautiful pants for less than 30 dollars, and they retail for more than 100!
- ShopHopes has marked down their entire site by 40 percent! You can use the code, MEMORIAL40, to get this beautiful and trendy skirt for 22.20!
- JCrew has the entire site discounted by 40 percent and the sale section is marked down by an extra 50 percent! That is a sale! You can use the code, WEEKEND to get these adorable popovers, solid colored, or striped, for 40 percent off!
On May 10,2019, I graduated from Coastal Carolina University with a Bachelor’s degree. To be honest, I am still surprised this happened. It was a long road getting here but I made it!
The day was incredible and honestly one I will never forget. After the ceremony, my family and I had dinner at the resort where I received and opened graduation gifts.
To answer the question that so many have asked, I honestly don’t know what is next after this but I am so excited to be home with my family. I have missed them so much.
For the near future, I will be attending HerConference in June and working as a camp counselor in July. Then I will probably continue to freelance write at home while applying for internships.
In the meantime, I will be relaxing at home and getting back to making plenty of content for you all!
So, I know I already did a gift guide for college girls but I feel like sorority girls fall under a completely different category. These are some items that I know that my sisters and I would definitely be happy to receive as sorority girls! If you are still looking for a gift for your favorite Greek or if you are in a sorority and need a gift for your big or little this little guide should be sure to help you out!
I am also a brand representative for Jenna Benna, the company that makes the products that are listed below. You can use my code, OBJENNABENNA for a discount if you choose to purchase any of these items.
- A comfy sweatshirt – Everyone needs to have a go-to sweatshirt. Whether they are studying in the library or taking a well-deserved nap, this letter sweatshirt will be able to keep your favorite Greek girl warm.
- Tote Bag with your Letters – Sometimes I just don’t want to carry my things in my backpack. A tote bag like this can hold so much stuff. So, if you are wanting to feel a little cute while you are studying in the library late at night maybe give your back a break with this bag.
- A lovely formal dress for chapter – Often times, in a sorority, members have to attend certain events where they need to dress business casual. This dress would be great for a formal chapter meeting and other types of professional events like job interviews and conferences.
- A water bottle with your letters on it – I have been really trying to change my lifestyle to help the environment and reduce my carbon foot print lately. One of these ways has been cutting out bottled water. An adorable stainless steel bottle like this can be refilled throughout the day and replace all of the plastic bottles you would otherwise be using. You can also add your Greek letters or monogram to it.
Mom is the one person that everyone wants to get the perfect gift for, even though she always says that she doesn’t want anything. These gifts are lowkey enough to keep her from worrying about your bank account and sincere enough to make her feel as special as she is to you every day. Plus, all of these gift ideas are under 50 dollars!
- Chocolate – You can’t go wrong with chocolate! I bought a box of chocolate for my mom and I know that she will love it!
- Shoes – Every woman needs a good pair of flats. These are cute and the reviews say that they are very comfortable. If your mom doesn’t already have a pair I highly recommend that you get some for her!
- A book – If my mom didn’t already have this book I would totally get it for her. A good memoir is a great gift, especially if your loved one needs some inspiration for their new year’s resolutions.
- Slippers – Our moms work so hard all year. So they definitely deserve a pair of comfy slippers to be able to relax in.
- A cute wine glass – I don’t even think this one needs much of an explanation. I mean look at what this glass says? I wish I had one that said Because Collegin ain’t easy.