So, this is usually the time of year when many people will give up on their New Years resolutions. They stop going to the gym, go back to eating junk food or put away the blender they used to make their protein shakes with.
This year though, I have actually done pretty well with mine so far. Particularly when it comes to my new schedule and actually putting out content on a regular basis. I have been putting out great blogposts, YouTube videos, and TikTok videos pretty consistently.
It isn’t always easy though. I have made content for years all while taking on other roles like student, employee, camp counselor, etc. It honestly has been hard in the past but with this new system I have made I believe that consistent content creation is possible even with a busy schedule.
This is what I do but if you want to tweak it to fit int your everyday life feel free to do so.
So, I use paper products to stay organized instead of digital. I tend to remember things better if I write them down by hand. I do still set reminders in my phone though.
- To do lists for each part of my life. – social, work, social media, and other necessary tasks like laundry and doing the dishes.
- Color coded pens.
- Phone reminders for important events and due dates.
What I do is each week I –
- Make a list of each content idea I will be doing for TikTok, YouTube, and this blog. This list hangs on my wall next to my wall calendar.
- Then I put all of my deadlines for my online class on my color-coded wall calendar along with the other events and such that are coming up.
– Blue – Self Care
– Green – Work
– Purple – Social
- Put the same deadlines in my planner.
- Then I set reminders for the same deadlines and events in my phone.
– Weekly reminders for things like my Christian youth group that meets on Monday nights and the webinar I go to every Tuesday for my online course.
– Temporary reminders for one time events like interviews or zoom calls with friends.
Every day I look at my planner and calendar first thing in the morning. Then I think about what order I want to tackle the tasks for that day. I usually do my work stuff first, take a break to eat, finish whatever is left, and then do what I need to do for my social media platforms. Sometimes I will need to stay up late to do social media stuff if I am being honest. I am a night owl so it doesn’t bother me unless I have something important the next day. I definitely have filmed TikTok videos and YouTube videos late at night.
I will say that I do have the privilege of having a bit more time on my hands. I am financially stable. I do not have any kids, so when I have down time I am more able to use that time to work on something like a personal project.
This system is not one that I stick to perfectly but I have been able to post much more consistently than I have in previous years because of it so I will definitely be sticking to it for the for seeable future.
I hope you will be able to take something from this to become more organized and productive in your everyday life.