Hey gang! Happy January! So I know it is a little late for a new year’s resolutions post, but I really wanted to think about my goals for this year and what I want to achieve in 2018.
As I have gotten older, I have begun making more goals than typical “resolutions”. I find that this makes me much more productive and actually help me achieve my goals. I also try to keep them pretty realistic, so not to end up giving up by the beginning of February like a lot of people do.
So, without further ado here are my goals for 2018!
- Transition to a vegan diet. – I have actually been a vegetarian for two years. It started as just a bit of challenge to myself. Now, I honestly can’t see myself eating any other way. After watching several documentaries and YouTube videos by many vegan bloggers, I decided to try going vegan. The first time I went vegan it did not go well. The main reason was that I was taking a lot of things out of my diet without replacing them with good vegan alternatives. This time I am much more educated about veganism and how to make sure I am getting all the proper nutrients. While the transition was not easy at first, I honestly feel great! I’ve really enjoyed trying new foods and different vegan alternatives to foods like yogurt and cheese!
- Exercise at least once a week. – I know this is such a cliche resolution but this is something I seriously want to do for myself! I actually really enjoy walking and jogging, especially in the summer! This past summer I literally walked at least 2 miles every morning! I just loved listening to my playlists while taking in that warm summer weather! When I came to school I wanted to keep the momentum going but I also wanted to do really well in my classes. Unfortunately, my classes got the best of me. I think I literally went to the gym once that whole semester and I’m pretty sure it was during syllabus week. Now, that I have a much better handle on my studies and how the academic side of Coastal works, I hope to be able to exercise more. There is even a cycling class that goes during The Bachelor! It’s called Cycle Cinema! Hopefully all the drama will distract me from how sore my legs are!
- Spend more time with God. – I feel like for Christians this our basic cliche resolution we make every year. As cheesy as it sounds though, I really do want to connect with God more this year. He has shown me so much already recently, even without me sitting down with Him and His Word, I can’t imagine what else I will learn. I know it won’t be easy with my busy schedule but even if I just spend 5 minutes with God that will make so much of a difference!
- Have more fun. – This past semester I worked really hard! I wanted to bring my grades up so I could apply for internships this summer. I definitely am glad I put in so much work. Yet, one thing I really feel like I missed out on was the social aspect of college. I am in a sorority but I really pulled back on my involvement in it because of how much time and effort my classes required. I hope to be able to maintain my GPA and also enjoy myself!
- Make all A’s and B’s. – I was able to finish last semester with all As and Bs. As hard as it was I was so proud of myself! I know keeping this up won’t be easy but I know that I can do it!
So these are my goals for 2018. As hard as some of these will be the feeling of accomplishment after is honestly so worth it. I would love to read what your goals for 2018 are as well as any blog post requests you all have for me in the comments below!