I was chosen to be a recipient of the Liebster Blogging Award, by Cassie, AKA, Anchored in Amazing Grace! Her blog is so amazing and she is so sweet! I highly recommend you check her out! I am so honored to have been chosen! Now let’s get right into it!
11 facts about Me:
- My appendix ruptured when I was in the 7th grade, which brought me pretty close to seeing death at a very young age.
- I actually live in the same town that J.Cole is from!
- Kind of goes with the last fact, J.Cole actually came to my high school my senior year! His mom and our principal’s mom are friends so she arranged for him to come and talk to us! It was so cool! Needless to say I definitely fangirled!
- My first celebrity crush was actually Daryl Sabara, AKA, Juni from Spy Kids. I used to have dreams about him saving me from the paparazzi. It was pretty bad.
- My favorite movie is Clueless! Cher and Dione are also huge style inspirations of mine!
- I am a huge politics nerd! 99.9% of the time you can find me either watching the news, writing about the news, or listening to a political podcast!
- The Majority Report by Sam Seder is my all time favorite political podcast! I have listened to quite a few and this one is by far the best in my opinion! He always backs up his opinions with facts and is a retired comedian so he often throws in some humor to lighten up the mood with heavier stories! So funny!
- I love Lilly! The woman, the brand, all of it! Her story is so inspiring and the designs are always so unique! Even though I don’t make a ton at my job, I save up a little bit each month so I can shop the After Party Sale! Those deals are just too good to pass up!
- I love rap music! It is so catchy and fun to dance to! I get ready to Kendrick Lamar’s new album D.AM.N. pretty much every morning!
- Going along with my previous fact, my favorite rappers of all time are Kendrick Lamar and Logic! I also love J.Cole , Russ, Chance the Rapper, and Childish Gambino!
- I love KYLIE JENNER! I love all the kardashians but Kylie is my absolute fave! She seems so chill and super down to earth! She is also really sarcastic and really funny! Her lip kits are such good quality! I feel like we would be such good friends if we met.
Cassie’s Questions –
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I started blogging because I was inspired by bloggers like Tavi Gevinson and Carly The College Prepster. I was just starting to find my style and figure out what I liked! It’s crazy to think that my blog started as something so small! Now I have made so many great friends through it and even worked with some of my favorite brands!
2. If money weren’t a factor, what would be your dream job?
If money were not a factor, my dream job would probably be the same dream job I have now which is a journalist! I know most journalists aren’t exactly rolling in dough but I love writing and talking to people so much!
I would also enjoy being freelance writer. I love writing so much(shocker lol)! A lot of freelance writers do struggle with making enough money so if money were not a factor I would definitely want to do freelance writing as well.
3. Do you like to travel or are you more of a homebody?
I definitely enjoy traveling but I am also a homebody! I love being out during the day and even going out sometimes but I really enjoy chilling at home at night in my pajamas. So, I guess you could say I am a little both.
4. Could you ever see yourself living in another state or possibly country in the future?
State, yes, country not so much. As curious as I am about how people live in other parts of the world, I love America too much! My ideal plan would be to live in D.C. or New York during my 20s-30s when I am doing my writing as a big time journalist in the city( think Carrie Bradshaw meets Brooke Baldwin minus the heartbreak and annoying Trump debates). Then I want to come back to the South to raise my family in a small suburban town near a bigger city like Columbia or Charlotte. Once they are grown I would like to live near the beach in South Carolina with my husband and dogs. I’ll take my grandkids sailing and we will watch the sunset every night!
5. What’s your motto?
I don’t really know if I have a motto but for a while I have loved Kimmy Schmidt’s motto that ” you just gotta take it ten seconds at a time!” Even if something feels like forever or like you can’t do it you just gotta take it one step at a time, give yourself things to look forward to and before you know it you’re done!
I remember there was a semester of college that was just really kicking my butt! I just kept thinking to myself, “come on Livi, it’s just 3 months.” Then it was 2 months, then 1 month, and before you know it I passed all my classes and it was over!
6. If you could eat dinner with any one, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
It is a three way tie between Roxane Gay, Betsy Johnson, and of course my girl Kylie! They are all so different but I feel like there is so much I could learn from each of them!
7. What place would you consider to be your “happy place?”
The woods behind my house! I love going on jogs through there! It’s like all of my responsibilities and problems go away! It’s just me, nature, and God!
8. Do you play any sports?
I played volleyball for a year in high school but I currently don’t play any competitive sports. I do still enjoy playing volleyball during the summer! I also love swimming!
9. What makes you unique?
Probably my sense of humor. It’s very dry. Not everyone gets it but if you do then you’re definitely in for a treat! Think Broad City meets Seinfeld!
10. If you made a perfume, what would it be called?
Margaritas and Meetups! I would want it to be sweet but also make you feel like the cute girl next door that everyone loves!
11. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Definitely Zendaya Coleman! She’s stunning and so talented!
- The Swirl Blog – Gabby and Hannah
- Timelessly Trendy – Peytyn Brynn
- North Prepster – Riley
- Sunshine State Julia
- Like A Southern Girl Blog
- Pinky and The Prep
- The Richmond Prepster
- The Classic Madison
- Pastel In Pink Blog – Amy
- The Freckled Prep
- The Dress Coded – Robin
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What is your favorite color?
- What did you want to be when you grew up as a kid?
- Who is your role model?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Dogs or cats?
- Friends or Seinfeld ?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- If you wrote a book about your life what would it be called?
I seriously had so much fun writing this post! I cannot wait to see how my nominees answer my questions!