Ok, so I have a confession. As a whole, I am not that big a fan of Christmas movies. So many of them are just so cheesy and super cliche. Most of them are geared towards children anyway. I do have a handful of Christmas movies that I really enjoy watching. I either love these movies because of how classic they are or because I have really great memories connected to them.
- Eloise at Christmas Time – Ok, so I’m pretty sure Eloise is like literal childhood goals. She lives in the plaza, eats whatever she wants, and wears the cutest clothes! No matter how old I get I’ll probably always be jealous of her life, even if she is only 6. This movie is one I watch every year. It is super cute and the ending is perfect! As a feminist, I honestly think this movie is super pro-feminist because of how out spoken she is. I think that is definitely part of why I love this movie so much. Even when I was little, I loved just how confident and opinionated Eloise is!
- White Christmas – This movie is such a classic and perfect for anyone who loves musicals! The sister’s relationship is so hard not to envy! Plus the songs are super catchy!
- The Santa Clause – I’m pretty sure I’ll always have a special place in my heart for Tim Allen because of Toy Story. This movie is so cute and so funny! Plus the little boy who plays his son is adorable!
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas – I know in the beginning, I was pretty hard on kid’s movies but this one is an exception. My favorite story is the one where Donald Duck’s nephews wish it was Christmas everyday. As terrible as I am at impressions, I’ll forever be trying to perfect my Donald Duck impression.
- A Rugrats Chanukah – Technically this isn’t a “Christmas movie”, but for the sake of this blog post, I’m gonna make it count. I loved watching this with my sisters when I was little! My sister, Emily was a huge Rugrats fan so this special was one that we could not miss.
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies? Let me know in the comments below!