On June 22nd, I went to HerConference in New York City! The experience was incredible! I have wanted to go to this conference since high school and it did not disappoint!
This is a picture from the Working in Politics panel. We heard from a variety of great speakers, including one who used to work for President Obama!
I got a photo with one of the founders of HerCampus, Annie Wang.
I even met some of my blogger friends in person and got to hang out with them at a post-HerConference Party!
I had such a great experience at this conference and left feeling so empowered! I hope to be able to go again next year!
Y’all! The new InfluenceHer Essentials Kit is here and the products are incredible!
The kit includes –
This adorable cup by hcxo.shop!
These Carefree pads!
This volumizing mascara and eyeliner by Kat Von D!
Books published by Kensington Publishing!
Cleansing Cloths by Summers Eve!
and a case by OtterBox!
Some of my favorite products are –
– Reusable cups are a great way to help reduce waste and help the environment. This adorable cup is great for when you are on the go and trying to reduce your carbon footprint!
– This mascara is both volumizing and cruelty-free! I saw a huge difference when using it!
– I had been needing a new case for a while and this case from OtterBox’s Symmetry collection is perfect! It is slim while also protecting my phone.
I’m gonna be honest. This year’s sales have been a bit disappointing. I mean come on, 30 percent off if you spend 50? That is not a sale. Thankfully the stores I have listed below actually know how to do a sale and make sure you get a good deal this Memorial Day weekend. I have also listed a few of my favorite products from each store.
Links – 1, 2, 3, 4
- Ralph Lauren
- As expensive as Ralph Lauren can be they actually have really good sales. Right now, you can take an extra 30 percent off of sale items with the code, MEMDAY. You can get these beautiful pants for less than 30 dollars, and they retail for more than 100!
- ShopHopes has marked down their entire site by 40 percent! You can use the code, MEMORIAL40, to get this beautiful and trendy skirt for 22.20!
- JCrew has the entire site discounted by 40 percent and the sale section is marked down by an extra 50 percent! That is a sale! You can use the code, WEEKEND to get these adorable popovers, solid colored, or striped, for 40 percent off!
On May 10,2019, I graduated from Coastal Carolina University with a Bachelor’s degree. To be honest, I am still surprised this happened. It was a long road getting here but I made it!
The day was incredible and honestly one I will never forget. After the ceremony, my family and I had dinner at the resort where I received and opened graduation gifts.
To answer the question that so many have asked, I honestly don’t know what is next after this but I am so excited to be home with my family. I have missed them so much.
For the near future, I will be attending HerConference in June and working as a camp counselor in July. Then I will probably continue to freelance write at home while applying for internships.
In the meantime, I will be relaxing at home and getting back to making plenty of content for you all!
So, I know I already did a gift guide for college girls but I feel like sorority girls fall under a completely different category. These are some items that I know that my sisters and I would definitely be happy to receive as sorority girls! If you are still looking for a gift for your favorite Greek or if you are in a sorority and need a gift for your big or little this little guide should be sure to help you out!
I am also a brand representative for Jenna Benna, the company that makes the products that are listed below. You can use my code, OBJENNABENNA for a discount if you choose to purchase any of these items.
- A comfy sweatshirt – Everyone needs to have a go-to sweatshirt. Whether they are studying in the library or taking a well-deserved nap, this letter sweatshirt will be able to keep your favorite Greek girl warm.
- Tote Bag with your Letters – Sometimes I just don’t want to carry my things in my backpack. A tote bag like this can hold so much stuff. So, if you are wanting to feel a little cute while you are studying in the library late at night maybe give your back a break with this bag.
- A lovely formal dress for chapter – Often times, in a sorority, members have to attend certain events where they need to dress business casual. This dress would be great for a formal chapter meeting and other types of professional events like job interviews and conferences.
- A water bottle with your letters on it – I have been really trying to change my lifestyle to help the environment and reduce my carbon foot print lately. One of these ways has been cutting out bottled water. An adorable stainless steel bottle like this can be refilled throughout the day and replace all of the plastic bottles you would otherwise be using. You can also add your Greek letters or monogram to it.
Mom is the one person that everyone wants to get the perfect gift for, even though she always says that she doesn’t want anything. These gifts are lowkey enough to keep her from worrying about your bank account and sincere enough to make her feel as special as she is to you every day. Plus, all of these gift ideas are under 50 dollars!
- Chocolate – You can’t go wrong with chocolate! I bought a box of chocolate for my mom and I know that she will love it!
- Shoes – Every woman needs a good pair of flats. These are cute and the reviews say that they are very comfortable. If your mom doesn’t already have a pair I highly recommend that you get some for her!
- A book – If my mom didn’t already have this book I would totally get it for her. A good memoir is a great gift, especially if your loved one needs some inspiration for their new year’s resolutions.
- Slippers – Our moms work so hard all year. So they definitely deserve a pair of comfy slippers to be able to relax in.
- A cute wine glass – I don’t even think this one needs much of an explanation. I mean look at what this glass says? I wish I had one that said Because Collegin ain’t easy.
Y’all I seriously could not be happier that this past semester is over! Now, I can enjoy my family and our cozy home for winter break! While I am going to be busy with my online class, blogging, and such, I will definitely be enjoying some cheesy Christmas movies and Gingerbread lattes during this time off.
Being on break means that I will basically be living in this sweater. I’m actually wearing it right now as I am typing this post. It is so comfy! Plus it is from Kohls so of course it is super affordable!
The top and jeans are actually from Fashion Nova. As sexy as that site may seem it is actually a great place to go to for affordable wardrobe staples.
These cowgirl boots were literally bought on a whim but I love wearing them. They add a bit of sass to any outfit.
Necklace( sold out but similar)/Shirt/Sweater/Jeans/Boots
So needless to say this is going to be my go-to outfit for winter break. It is so cozy. I can wear it around the house, when I am running errands, or at a party with friends.